yellow

Monday, January 12, 2009

His Temptations ~ Chapter 6

"The enemy of our souls knows where our flesh is the weakest and he will put temptations in our paths at our most vulnerable points."
I know that Satan knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows our buttons and knows how to destroy us. Although Mr B must take full responsibility for the decisions he made, I am also aware the Satan is behind this too and I refuse to let him win. That's what he wants, to destroy me, destroy Mr B and destroy our family. Its hard to keep that in mind when it hurts so bad, but I know its true.

Prayer

I pray that You would strengthen my husband to resist any temptation that comes his way. Make him strong where he is weak. Establish a wall of protection around him. Fill him with Your Spirit and flush out all that is not of You. Help him to take charge over his own spirit and have self-control to resist anything and anyone who becomes a lure. May he "abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good." I pray that he will be repulsed by tempting situations.

This was a hard chapter to read. I know that sometimes women push men away. That women are not the wives their husbands need. That wives sometimes forget about their husbands altogether. By no means am I perfect, but I can tell you I ALWAYS put his thoughts, feelings, needs before my own. She writes in the beginning of the chapter how it almost seemed to be the wifes fault. I hate that...I know I was the best wife I could be. Sure, I need to pray more, I need to work on myself, but I can honestly say that I gave him no reason to cheat. I only know that alcohol played a large part and when a man is willing to give himself to that over his family, he is already too far gone. That just led to more...I don't even want to go there...I feel Satan close by, playing on my insecurities and I refuse to let him get one inch. I love my husband and we are doing 1000 times better. Almost all of the time, he is the man I want to live my whole life with. I will continue to pray.

1 comment:

Ang said...

Wow what a powerful post and for you to know/feel Satan that close and refuse to let him win. You are much stronger than you think you are! Charlie drives a truck and is gone ALOT and I know if I let Satan..he would run wild with that. Keep it up, you are doing a wonderful job :) Thanks for the post..I was beginning to wonder..ha