yellow

Thursday, January 15, 2009

His Purpose ~ Chapter 9

1.Do you have a sense of what your husband's purpose in life is, or who God created him to be?What is that? Mr B and I both believe that he is supposed work with troubled youth. He is supposed to be doing a class at church and we even talked about getting in on starting a 12 step program for youths at our church, but Mr B is such a procrastinator and even though he has the best intentions, he still hasn't done any of it.

2.Does your husband have an understanding of God's call on his life? What is his understanding of it?
I don't know that he has an understanding, but he knows the direction he is supposed to go. I think if he would just take the first step, God would move in amazing ways.

3.Do you feel your husband is fulfilling the call God has on his life? Not yet
Is he living in the purpose in which God has created for him? Not yet

4. How would you like to see your husband move into what God has called him to be? He has all the doors in front of him, he knows where he can reach out to, but he just needs to do it. My goodness, we had a neighbor move in about four months ago, Belle and I took them cookies and we found out he was a juvenile parole officer...what more can God do? Our kids aren't old enough to be arrested!

5. Write Ephesians 1:17-19 as a prayer over your husband inserting his name.
I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give Mr B a spirit of wisdom and revelation as Mr B comes to know Him, so that with the eyes of Mr B's heart enlightened, Mr B may know what is the hope of which he has called Mr B, what are the riches of His glorious inheritance among the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of His power for us who believe, according to the working of His great power.

6. Write Psalm 20:4 as a prayer over your husband.
May He grant Mr B his heart's desire and fulfill all his plans.

7. Have you sought God about the call on your life? If so, what is it?
I believe my call has always been to be a support to a man who is somehow connected to the ministry. I always thought I would be a preacher's wife and maybe someday, I will be. I believe God is really pulling Mr B in a big way to do His will. I keep telling Mr B that the reason he has such issues at work is because he has no fulfillment. He should be going after his calling, but he isn't. Until Mr B is in his calling, I will be unable to be in mine.

8.The call on your life and on your husband's life will never be in conflict. If they seem to be, ask God to clarify that to you. It may have to be with timing. How do you see God working out His call on both of your lives? (If you don't know write a prayer asking Him to reveal that to you) Like I said previously, we are a ying and yang. We need each other to be able to complete our purpose, but I can't do it without him and he can't do it without me.9. If your husband is already moving in the call God has on his life, the enemy will try to cast doubt and discouragement into his soul. Do you ever see that happening? How can you support him in prayer to help keep that from happening? I do see that. I see that he gets down on himself at work, therefore doesn't have the drive to move forward outside of work. I made him promise me he would call about volunteering last week and he did promise, but when I asked him on Saturday, he told me he didn't and that he had just been too busy. All I can do is pray that God gives him an intense motivation to drive after the opportunities God is setting in front of him.

Prayer

Enable his to walk worthy of his calling and become the man of God You made him to be. Continue to remind him of what You've called him to and don't let him get sidetracked with things that are unessential to Your purpose. Strike down discouragement so that it will not defeat him. Life his eyes above the circumstances of the moment so he can see the purpose for which You created him. Give him patience to wait for Your perfect timing. I pray that the desires of his heart will not be in conflict with the desires of Yours. May he seek You for direction and hear when You speak to his soul.

1 comment:

Nutty Mom said...

I hope that he is able to start that class soon. I'm sure he could be very insightful