yellow

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Am I The Only One Who...

  1. Thinks Jam is better than Jelly, but doesn't really know the difference?
  2. Knows every word to Monsters' Inc?
  3. Hasn't done laundry in four days? Ugh...
  4. Puts her three month old on the floor without a blanket underneath?
  5. Has four bags of sugar and three bags of flour in storage "just in case"?
  6. Knows how The Notebook ends, but cries every time anyway?
  7. Give my kids Kool-Aid all day long?

I find that I do things for no reason, when I know better, and/or unnecessarily very often. I feel like there are moms all around me who are perfect, or close to (thanks MckMama & Michelle Duggar!) and I just can't compete. Where do they find all of their energy? How do they keep from making Hamburger Helper every night? I am exhausted just thinking about not using the microwave. A few months ago, I heard of a young couple who had been pulled over by the police with their four week old in the back seat, not in a carrier, and had a pacifier taped in it's mouth. How horrible right? I can't tell you all the names I called those two in my head. However, the other day, I did think to myself, "I wonder if I could attach a rubber band to Marcus' pacifier to help keep it in...". I wisely chose not to do this, but I am appalled it even crossed my mind. How come life is so complicated and everyone seems to be going trough it with such ease? Am I the only one confused? Lord, help me. :)

2 comments:

jenn said...

No, your not the only one...I went over to my neighbors, who has 5 children, 2 dogs and a rabbit! and she had a clean house, uses cloth diapers and feeds her kids organic foods. Some people just have that talent. Anyway, thank you for your comments on my blog. I appreciate them. As you can tell, I need all the prayers I can get.

Christy said...

I think I found you through Bolte Family, but not 100%. Let me tell you that although Michelle Dugar is amazing in her own right, she has lots of "older" children who help her keep that house perfect, babies diapered, etc. McMama is awesome too, but most likely you'd see life's just as insane in her house too as in yours.

We all have gifts, and yours are most likely awesome in their own right and others probably wish they had them. You're a Mom and a Wife and most importantly a woman after God's heart.

Trying to be the best you can is what we can do, don't beat yourself up over what you can't always accomplish.

I have a friend who keeps the perfect house, but spends little time playing with her kids. My house is a wreck, but my kids are well loved, homeschooled, and fed everyday and almost always have a smile on their face throughout the day. Just doing the best I can. I beat myself up somedays, but ultimately I am gentle with myself because this is life, and it passes by far too quickly.

God Bless