yellow

Thursday, September 5, 2013

In Memory of Silas Rondomanski

I ask for prayers for my new friend, Tiffany Rondomanski and her family.  She lost her sweet baby boy, Silas, just a few weeks ago. 

I met her for lunch this past Sunday and let me tell you, she is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!  Her strength in God astounded me.  She recounted the past few weeks, but what stuck with me was the absolute peace she carried, the clarity she had of her Father holding her and her resolve to make Silas' life a thing of beauty, not sadness.

In her church, it is believed that babies pick their assignment before they are born.  She told me she believed he chose this short life to teach her deep, instant love.  He looked into her eyes and she could see how much he loved her.  How beautiful is that? 

While I sat there in tears, listening to her journey I could feel the Holy Spirit with her.  I mean, His presence was thick.  I don't know if I've ever felt Him so strongly through someone else.  I just kept being reminded of Psalm 34:18 "The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves those who have a crushed spirit."  He delivered on that promise and surrounded her in an almost tangible way.

I am sad I never met Silas.  Never got to hold him or kiss his soft hair, but because of his momma, because she has valiantly made the decision to celebrate her love for him and her testimony with God, my life will never be the same.  I am blessed by this child.

 
If you want to read more about her story, you can here.

No comments: