yellow

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Songs from Heaven

As I'm pulling into the grocery store parking lot, my little Valor asleep in the backseat, Revelation Song by Philips, Craig &  Dean came on the radio.  I don't know what it is about this song, but every time I hear it, the Holy Spirit shows up.  It feels as if this song must be what the angels sing in heaven.

Randy Phillips said about the song:
“This song captures the moment of looking up into Heaven, peeling back the curtain of eternity so we can peek in."

He said it so perfectly.  This song is eternity, love and revelation.  I sat in the parking space, hands held up to God, eyes closed, tears running down my face, softly singing along.  He was there, with us in the car.


This isn't the version I heard today, but the video is beautiful.  At the 4:13 mark, when Mary runs to both toddler and adult Jesus, I weep for her.  The anguish she must of felt knowing her baby boy's fate, the love she dared to have for him anyway, amazes me.  She is the ultimate picture of a mother's love.

No comments: