yellow

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Crockpot Throwdown!

Photobucket
This months challenge is crockpot. I LOVE this recipe and so does my husband and even my kids ask for THIRDS!!! If you don't like salty, I would cut the ranch dressing mix in half.
  • 1 beef roast, any kind (2-3.5 lbs)
  • 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix, dry
  • 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
  • 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package ranch dressing mix, dry
  • 1/2 cup water
  1. Place beef roast in crock pot.
  2. Mix the dried mixes together in a bowl and sprinkle over the roast.
  3. Pour the water around the roast.
  4. Cook on low for 7-9 hours.
If you want, you can even throw in cut up potatoes and carrots during the last two hours. The juices make an amazing gravy over mashed potatoes. I know the recipe sounds a little strange, but it is SOOOO good.

3 comments:

heidi said...

YUM!!! Thanks for entering!

Ang said...

Oh that sounds delicious!!!!!!!!!!!

Beth in NC said...

I came over from Sacred and Profane. I will definitely try this recipe! Sounds delicious!